Monday’s Meal Cinnamon-Bun Waffles
I love cinnamon, so when I was saw this recipe on the Betty Crocker website, I knew I had to share it.
photo courtesy of bettycrocker.com
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat waffle maker. In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form; set aside. In medium bowl, beat egg yolks, buttermilk, 1/4 cup melted butter, the syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg yolk mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spray waffle maker lightly with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto hot waffle maker, following manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount. Close lid of waffle maker; bake 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops and waffles are golden brown. (To make ahead, place waffles on ovenproof plate in 200°F oven until ready to serve.)
- In another small bowl, beat 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over waffles. Serve remaining glaze on the side.