Baked Sloppy Joe–For those needing a fast easy meal
Hi, Shanna here to share your family meal for tonight. I have had a hard time coming up with good meal ideas lately so something I’ve tried is mixing up the old favorites and putting a new spin on them. A few months ago I found a recipe for Baked Sloppy Joe and tried it and like it much better than the original hamburger bun and Manwich. Here is the recipe hope you enjoy!
Baked Sloppy Joe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups canned sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess fat, and mix the sloppy joe sauce into the cooked meat.
- Unroll a can of crescent rolls, and pinch the triangles together to form a single sheet of dough. Lay the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the meat and sauce mixture in an even layer over the dough, and sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the meat mixture. Unroll the second can of rolls, pinch the triangles together to make a single sheet of dough as before, and place the dough over the cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven until the top sheet of dough is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.