Valentine’s Meal Ideas
Hi Everyone, Christie here bringing some Valentine’s Day meal ideas.
Valentine’s Day Egg in the Basket (re-posted from petite kitchenesse)
- ham or any other filling or jam
Assemble your sandwich, then butter one side of the bread. Separate the egg white and yolk into two bowls. Place the sandwich, buttered-side-down, in a pan over medium heat and grill until golden brown, then remove.
Butter the uncooked side of the sandwich. Using a cookie cutter or a sharp knife, cut out the center. Lower the heat slightly, then return both pieces of the sandwich to the pan, uncooked-side-down. Add just enough egg white to fill the bottom of the empty sandwich center, then carefully slip the egg yolk into the center.
Cover the pan (this will help the egg cook quicker and melt the cheese) and let everything cook for a couple minutes, checking regularly after one minute to make sure nothing is burning. Once the egg appears to be cooked, immediately remove the sandwich and serve!
Heart Pizza: (re-posted from Disney Family Fun)
- refrigerated pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- any toppings
Mold pizza crust into a heart shape. Add sauce and toppings. Bake as directed on dough package.
Heart Kabobs (re-posted from Parents)
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1/2 watermelon
- 1 6 ounce container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Cut fruit into 1-inch-thick slices. Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts from melon slices. Poke a hole in each heart with a toothpick, going from top to bottom. Then thread fruit on ice-pop sticks.
2. Make dip: Stir together yogurt, orange juice concentrate, and honey until well combined. Serve with hearts.