Monday’s Meal: Summer Berry Trifle
Hi everyone! Cammi here for Monday’s Meal recipe. I love trifle. They are so pretty, and delicious. Today I’m sharing a recipe for a Summer Berry Trifle. Thank you Family Fun for sharing this delicious recipe!
Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 package (3.4-ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries), washed and hulled, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 to 36 ladyfingers
- To make the fillings, prepare the pudding according to the package directions and chill it.
- Slice the strawberries, if you’re using them, then toss all of the berries with the lemon juice and the 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the berries to release their juices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream, vanilla extract, and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- To make the layers, set a layer of ladyfingers (around 7 or 8) on the bottom of a large, clear serving bowl (ours was 4 quarts). Top with the berries with half of the pudding.
- Add another layer of ladyfingers, another third of the berries and juice, and the rest of the pudding. Add a final layer of ladyfingers and berries. Top with the whipped cream and a berry garnish.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Serves 8 to 10.