Happy Friday, Dawn here with this weeks find. Since next week is the 4th of July, I have started looking for creative ways to decorate our house to celebrate this fun holiday. So I turned to Pinterest as usual for creative ideas that I can make with the kids. There were so many cute paper wreaths for the 4th of July. Pinterest has so many idea’s from easy to really difficult. You can also use Sugar Moons cupcake toppers, on your patriotic cupcakes.
They got this idea from Family fun, and will be a fun project for our family.
Here is everything you need to get it done.
- Double-sided tape
- 4 (5- by 6-inch) pieces each of red, white, and blue card stock
- Cardboard, cut into a 10-inch circle, plus more for a star (we used a cereal box)
- Clear tape
- Tacky glue
- Aluminum foil
- To make a paper cone, place a strip of double-sided tape along the shorter edge of a piece of card stock. Roll the paper as shown, then press to adhere. Repeat with the remaining sheets of card stock.
- Place a strip of double-sided tape on the back of each cone. Lay the cones in alternating colors on the cardboard circle and press to adhere. Turn the wreath over and secure each cone to the back with a piece of clear tape.
- Apply glue to a scrap of cardboard, about 3-1/2 inches wide, cover it with aluminum foil, and smooth out any wrinkles. Cut the covered cardboard into a star shape (download our template). Apply glue to the back and press it onto the center of the wreath, then let it dry.
- To hang the wreath, make a loop from the string and tape it to the back of the cardboard.
Hoping that everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July.