Thursday Tidbit: Creating a Bracket Booklet
Hi, there! This is Melissa T. bringing you your weekly Thursday Tidbit. But, before I start with our weekly FREEBIE and tutorial, I would like to thank Ambie for covering for me last week. I had a lovely time at Latin convention (you might not know that I am a Latin teacher) and got to see many friends who feel like family. Sometimes, we have to take a step back and thank those who help have our back when we are too busy for hobbies.
Now, for our real treat, today I am going to share a lovely FREEBIE that comes to us from MyMemories. I hate shameless plugs, but today I am full of them. All of the new MyMemories bi-weekly free downloads are compatible with the MyMemories Software. To download my favorite freebie, please go to http://www.mymemories.com/store/share_the_memories_kit_3. This lovely free bracket book template comes
with 5 digital papers, 9 page elements, 7 quick pages, and a partridge in a pear tree. If you do not have the MyMemories Suite V3, I invite you to use the codes to the right to get $10 off the price of the software and $10 to spend in the store. For those of you who would like a chance to win a free copy of the software, head over to my blogsite www.missasmuse.blogspot.com where I will be giving away a free copy plus $10 to spend in the MyMemories Store in honor of my birthday this month. (Please excuse the 2nd shameless plug.)
The Bracket Book is a very cute idea! After designing the pages to your desire, it is easy to create a gift-worthy book of your favorite pics for the price of an ink cartridge for your printer and a ream of cardstock. For this week’s tutorial, I have used the kit “In My Pocket”, a Missy’s Bits collaborative with Barbara Ryan. You can find this kit in the m MyMemories Store at http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=BRDS-CP-1203-12816.
Let’ begin our tutorial:
1. Download the freebie into you MyMemories Software.
2. Open MyMemories Suite V3 and click on “Create Album From Designer Template.”
3. Find your project labelled “BracketBook_Summer1207_STM3.”
4. Select the pages which you wish to incorporate into your book. When all is finished, you should have 3 double-sided pages for your book.
5. If you want to design your own pages, right click on the white template to lock it into place. This will allow you to import whatever papers
or embellishments and word art that you wish to use on your Bracket Book.
6. Design your pages as you desire taking care to make sure that the white template is on the very top of all the pages.
7. Select the printer option on your software and set your margins as small as possible on your printer to get the best sized book as possible.
8. Print each page on cardstock.
9. Gather all of the supplies you need including printed pages, hole-puncher, scissors, pencil, ruler, ribbon or jump-rings.
10. Cut out each page of the template along the guide lines and glue them in the order that you wish them to appear in the book.
11. Allign the cut pages.
12. Using the ruler, mark where you want to punch your holes for your ribbon or jump rings.
13. Punch two holes into the pages at the same spot on each page.
14. Use your jump-rings or ribbon to bind the booklet. Remember that the looser you tie the ribbons, the easier it will be to flip the pages.
Remember to make a memory today, and keep a camera on hand to capture it!