Thursday Tidbit: Creating a Facebook Timeline Header
Hi, there, fellow scrapbookers! This is Melissa T. bringing you the weekly Thursday Tidbit. This week we will be discussing how to make Facebook Timelines. You know, I hated this whole timeline business when Facebook started it, but just knowing that I can use my scrapbooking skills (and materials) to customize my entire page made it all the better. For this week’s tutorial, I will be demonstrating how to create a Facebook Timeline Header using the MyMemories Digital Scrapbooking Software Suite. If you haven’t purchased your copy of the number one digital scrapbooking software, then simply look to the right of this blog to find your code for $10 off the software and $10 to spend in the store. Or better yet, head over to my blogsite http://missasmuse.blogspot.com to enter my software giveaway before August 19th.
Now, let’s get started with this week’s tutorial:How to Make a Facebook Header with MyMemories Suite.
1. Open your MyMemories Suite Software and Create a new album.
2. Choose “Design Your Own.”
3. Choose the “Custom Size” tab in the middle of the screen.
4. For a Facebook Header, set the size to 860 x 300 pixels.
5. Add whatever content you want, including papers, text, pictures, and/or embellishments.
6. When you are finished, click on “Share Album” in the far right column and select “Export.”
7. In the Export Wizard, make sure that the image type is jpeg and the image size is the size you chose for your header. You need to select the Large size for the resolution of the image, or the design will not fit into the Facebook Timeline Header. Click Finish.
8. Now open your Facebook Timeline in your browser.
9. Click on “Change Cover,” then choose “Upload Photo.”
10. Select your header file from the folder where you stored it.
11. Your header should now fit nicely into the available Facebook space.
That is all for this week. Remember to make a memory today, and keep a camera on hand to capture it!