Monday’s Meal: School lunch-Turkey Melon Wraps
Happy Labor Day!!! Some kids are about to start school this week. My kids have been in school for a week now. I found a recipe online that looks delicious. I never would have thought to put these ingredients together, but I am so trying it this week! These would make a great quick and easy dinner and you can make some extra for lunch in the morning. I’m not a huge fan of Horseradish, so I’ll substitute with Mayo. Thanks for the recipe Good Housekeeping!
- 1/4 small cantaloupe
- 1 lavash (half a 14-ounce package of soft Armenian flatbread)
- 1/4 cup(s) bottled horseradish sauce
- 6 large green- or red-leaf lettuce leaves
- 12 ounce(s) thinly sliced, deli smoked turkey breast
- Cut rind from cantaloupe; cut flesh crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (you should have about 1 cup).
- Unfold lavash. Evenly spread lavash with horseradish sauce; top with lettuce and turkey, overlapping to fit if necessary. On a short end, arrange cantaloupe in single layer to cover half of lavash.
- Starting from end with cantaloupe, tightly roll lavash, jelly-roll fashion. Trim ends if you like. With serrated knife, cut roll into 4 pieces.
Tips & Techniques
If lavash seems dry before filling, place between dampened paper towels; let stand 10 to 15 minutes to soften.