Posts Tagged ‘fun’
Happy Friday!!! Dawn here with this weeks Friday’s Finds. Now that school has started, doesn’t mean that the fun with the family is over. On Saturday, September 29 across the Nation, museums will be hosting Museum Day. Free admission for one person and a guest. My kids love two museums here, the Dinosaur Museum and the Train Museum. Here is the list of participating museums.
Hello Everyone! Christie here today with your Summer Silly Sunday Post. Today we are going to make superhero masks. My boys went to VBS this past week and the theme was Jesus is the Original Superhero. So on the last day they got to dress up and wear super hero costumes. So I made these Superhero masks that I found on Pinterest.
- masks templates from Cutesy Crafts blog
- craft felt
- heat n bond hem & iron or sewing machine
- cut out your template
- cut out your design from the felt
- I don’t have a sewing machine so I used the heat n bond hem.
- Place all the pieces of the mask were they should go and cut pieces of the heat n bond hem in between the mask and the extra pieces.
- iron the mask to set the pieces
- measure the elastic to your child’s head
- sew the elastic to the mask
- then your child is ready to be a superhero
*note I did mine different from her’s because I don’t have a sewing machine.
Happy Sunday Everyone! Christie here with your Sunday Sill Summer Fun post. Today we are going to have a race, a balloon noodle race. My boys had fun playing this game I made up for them. Since I have being trying to find something fun for them to do outside each week I had the supplies on hand and thought this would be a fun game to play.
- balloons (regular party size)
- pool noodles
- set up a starting line and a finish line (we used extra pool noodles)
- blow up 1 balloon per racer
- the player have to race from the starting line to the finish line without popping their balloon, if balloon pops they have to go back to the starting line and blow up another balloon and start over.
- 1st one to the finish line without popping their balloon wins
Frame used on my photos is from Hoohiwahiwa by Sugar Moon Design. You can purchase it at With Love Studio.
Happy Friday, Dawn here with this weeks Friday’s Finds. Have you had a chance to try out all the wonderful Groupon deals? I have to admit that I really love Groupon, you can find just about anything from Gardening, home, gadget, and spa. The Spa packages are my favorite. And the prices are amazing, but here is a little secret that not many know about. You can save even more when you access Groupon through Ebates.com. Ebates.com is a cash back free site that works like your Credit card company, you get a percentage back on each purchase. Whenever you shop online, through Groupon, WalMart, and many other online stores and first go through Ebates site- you receive a generous cash back. I have received up to $42.00 back on stuff we buy online. That is a nice amount to save on everyday purchases.
I was able to get this cute little kids cookbook set in Chinese for my kids from Groupon for 40% off the normal price of 25.95 and an additional discount through Ebates. There are so many fun things you can get for the kids or relaxing stuff for yourself through Groupon.
Hello All! Christie here today with your Sunday Silly Summer Fun post for today. It has been terribly hot here this past week. We can’t spend a lot of time outside unless we play in the water. I found these water balloon piñatas on Pinterest. It was so much fun. The balloons are harder to pop than one would think. And if the kid hit the balloon at a good spot it would get us all wet.
- Regular Size Balloons (mine are fun shapes I found at the Dollar Tree Store)
- Bat or Stick
- Something to hang your Balloons from (we used a clothes line)
- Fill up your balloons with water as big as you can
- Hang balloons from the clothes line or what ever you might have high enough so all the kids are able to hit them.
- Let the kids hit the balloons and make sure the others stand back so they don’t get hit with the bat
Frame used on my photos is from Sk8r Punx by Missy’s Bits